Saturday, August 21, 2010

Which way should my computer case fan blow?

now i got one 120MM fan at rear blowing out (not blowing so hard out tho :/ ). I order 2x 80mm fans and one PCI fan. PCI fan go under my GPU and one of the 80mm fan go front of my case blowing air in. Last fan go to middle of right side of my PC tower, but what way should it blow? in or out?Which way should my computer case fan blow?
For best efficiency you should have the same blowing in as out. To be precise you would need to test the flow rate of each fan, but an approximation will do. A 120 mm fan is about the same as 2 * 80 mm fans. Also, dont forget the PSU fan. I f you cant balance it exactly it is better to blow in rather than out.Which way should my computer case fan blow?
Set it to blow air in, that way you have plenty of cooler air coming in from the front and side, and the rear fan can suck the hot air out so you have a good flow of air through your case.
I'd install the last fan to blow cooler air in.
indeed, to blow cool air in.

No comments:

Post a Comment