Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm changing computer cases, but will my computer startup without the power button infront?

The case I am using right now(the default case that came with this computer), has a power button in-front.


The new computer case that I bought, has one, but I don't know which cord it is, therefor I can't connect it to my motherboard without knowing.


So I was wondering, if I put the computer into the new case, will it boot-up(when power is automatically detected), or do I need to connect the power button on the new case to the motherboard?


PS: I do not have the instructions/manual for the new case, I bought the case about a month ago, and I've lost the instructions overtime.I'm changing computer cases, but will my computer startup without the power button infront?
What you need is the manual for your mobo... the case should basically be self-explanatory as the cables (i.e. speaker, front-side USB cables) are usually labeled - I take it they're not? But maybe you can find it online or contact the company...? If you told me what case I could try to look for you. I don't know of any other way to switch on your computer, it wouldn't be worth the trouble if it could be done though. %26gt;_%26gt; You'd need the power button in any case.





~NightI'm changing computer cases, but will my computer startup without the power button infront?
no it won't work .. power buttons are what's known as ';soft power'; .. your computer, while plugged in, keeps power running thru it .. storing some in the power supply and seeping thru your mobo, etc. .. what the ';soft power'; button does is tells the processor ';time to wake up, let's get to work'; .. it's not like the old school power buttons, where pressing the button would complete the circuit and turn your system on .. the circuit is already completed in newer systems, the button just tells your system to start using the power ..





you have to hook that up .. sorry but you're going to have to somehow figure it out .. the book that came w/ the new mobo should tell you ..








i mean you can short the wires that turn the system on .. but that's not a permanent fix .. that's more of a 'trouble shooting' purposes .. so i wouldn't recommend it


hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment