Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a cq5210y and they say the computer case is a ';mini-tower'; will a 400w+ power supply fit?

My computer comes with a 250w power supply and I would like to get a 400w or larger PSU so i can upgrade the integrated graphics card. Are the dimensions of my computers case going to make it impossible for me to get a higher watt psu?I have a cq5210y and they say the computer case is a ';mini-tower'; will a 400w+ power supply fit?
COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ5210Y DESKTOP PC


has a Part Number 5188-2622


250-watt (max) power supply (Zinfandel), Bestec ATX-250-12V)





Since it is ATX, you can replace it with another ATX size power supply with higher wattage. It is a standard size.I have a cq5210y and they say the computer case is a ';mini-tower'; will a 400w+ power supply fit?
The wattage doesn't matter. On the power supply specs it should say what type of case it will fit. If not, try to find one that does. If all else fails, find a local computer hardware store and compare sizes. Plus, they might be able to tell you ahead of time if a particular power supply will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment