Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I want to change the computer case of my Dell B110. Can I just buy a case and reinstall the parts?

My dell b110 case is kinda lame, so i wanna get a case with clear sides. is it possible for me to just swap out the mobo, cd and dvd drives, floppy, ect, into the new case? or is there any thing else i have to do? what should i look for when i'm browsing cases? thanks.I want to change the computer case of my Dell B110. Can I just buy a case and reinstall the parts?
Hate to tell you this but unfortunately your stuck with what Dell gave you. In most Dell machines the ports on the back of the machine are part of the system board so when the system board gets replaced so do these ports.





Now I may be wrong on this particular model So I would suggest contacting Dell just in caseI want to change the computer case of my Dell B110. Can I just buy a case and reinstall the parts?
just get a new computer all together. Spending all that time. just get a better computer then the b110. if u play games.. u can build a comp with 2 gigs of memory.. casue i think the b110 only allows 1 gig. =( And if ur not experienced.. i dont recommend it.. You can mess one thing up and the whole system wont work.. and in the end your gunna be like. aw man my comp doesnt work cause i didnt like the case.
Yes but going to be some modding, the dell motherboard doesn't have the same stand offs as a normal atx case so you will need to find a way to make the stand off fit the dell motherboard.
Dell often contracts for weird main boards that have no holes to be screwed through. Lots of models get them to be secured with plastic pinch pins.





Just plain different than the standards that most case makers create their products to work with.





good luck with that! I would use it for the thing it is, and waste my energy on something else. How about modding the Dell case, so that it looks like something different? check the mods in a google.com search!





I do like the way that Dells run in Linux! http://pclinuxos.com
make sure you wear static wrist band
In most cases yes, but Dell has really funky stuff. I'm sure that you can, but I'd contact Dell (888 242-0940) or if your warranty still works (800 822-8965). I'd recommend the second number only if your warranty is still in effect. I'm also sure that if you called a local computer repair shop they'd be able to tell you if you could change it, and they could and should also do it if you don't know what you are doing. They have everything that you would need, along with the knowledge of computers.





-Greg
  • urban decay cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment