Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I hook up external speakers to my computer (special case)?

I have two external speakers from a stereo I no longer use that I would like to hook up to my laptop (ideally, I'd like to easily switch the speakers between my laptop and TV but one step at a time.) The output of each speaker is simply bare wires (by bare I mean they are insulated but there is no adapter or anything.) Is there some kind of adapter I can solder these wires to in order to plug them into the audio output of my laptop?How do I hook up external speakers to my computer (special case)?
Go ask the geek at your local Radio Shack. That would probably be your best bet. You risk damaging both sides though if you screw up I'm guessing.





How big are the speakers? Are they powered separately? The laptop is unlikely going to be able to power them by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment