Saturday, August 21, 2010

How should I face my fans in my computer case? I have a front, back and side area?

Just make sure that they blow out....and not in.How should I face my fans in my computer case? I have a front, back and side area?
Airflow goes through the front and out the back. So the front fan is the intake fan and the exhaust fan is in the back. Most fans have arrows to indicate which way the air flows through the fan. Computer case fans can be installed for either intake or exhaust. So it's generally not a good idea to have the airflow go out the front of the case because it may very well conflict with your PSU fan's airflow. By the way, the side fan is actually the cpu fan that is on top of the heatsink. And if you look at an actual CPU fan you will see why it is hard to install it backwards.





On a side note, I have heard about people putting in a variable exhaust fan that is so powerful that it actually reverses the airflow of the PSU fan, but it's generally somewhere above 3,000 rpms to do that.





Heat is an important issue for computer components. So the direction of the airflow is important as well.How should I face my fans in my computer case? I have a front, back and side area?
Front generally blows in while side and back blow out !!
one flowing in , probably the one on the side , and the other two flowing out. That way you'll have the maximum quantity of air your fans can give you
the airflow should suck in on the front and side and blow out on the rear
You definitely want your back fans blowing out. You may want a front fan but that really depends on how hot your system is. (by the way, AMD says a front fan is not necessary, but Intel highly recommends having one.
  • urban decay cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment